AdWords offers a financial lifeline for many businesses, large and small. Finding helpful approaches to manage PPC networks (i.e. AdWords and Adcenter primarily) are few and far between. Sure, there are many consultants out there more than ready to cut into your profit margins, however the minimum contracts and fuzzy promises probably have kept you from taking the bait.
While there are certainly many AdWords PPC “celebrities” on the market who may have oversaw PPC campaigns of either great size or number, I find it hard to imagine someone who has poured the constant daily hours in the last 7 years as I have. Toiling over how you can refine and optimize campaigns, ad groups, etc. to get even a.5% improvement has become my well being as it directly correlated to the size of my paycheck and success of our own business. There hasn’t been one individual at Google or outside Google which has successfully provided a suggestion or found a chink within my structure, yet there were many people who have said “wow- I never imagined of accomplishing that before”.
So in terms of giving AdWords tips for people who contact me for ideas, 10 from 10 times I will state that their problems stem from one of 5 issues.
1. Poor account structure – Structure doesn’t make up like products, demographics, network, or geography.
2. Mismanaged or under-managed bidding – Google AdWords can make it quite simple for individuals to have lulled into default bids, AdWords despite its efforts at automating needs active management.
3. Inadequate ad testing for Ad text – Ad text optimization is really a tricky business. Not only do successful ads become less successful with time, the criteria and binding the landing page is critical – much more so this year than ever before as quality score is playing a huge part in a campaign’s profitability.
4. Poorly mined keywords – Keywords are the currency that makes PPC work. AdWords provides great tools for understanding keywords, unfortunately, these are fragmented. Besides CTR, cost/conv., impressions, match type and clicks; you can find elements like assists, search funnels, negatives, ROI, view-through conversions. These less understood elements are the thing that makes AdWords profitable and accounts need constant help to optimize.
5. AdWords not aligned with website landing page – Not everyone is a graphics designer, me included, but you will find basic approaches which everyone is able to choose to use boost your conversions. Keep in mind a powerful CTR x strong Website Landing Page = maximum conversions.
Getting conversions profitably isn’t quite as basic as Google leads one to believe, but in case you are diligent and actively manage your campaigns, taking into consideration the account structure, bidding, ad testing, keyword mining, and website landing page optimization I can guarantee you may be on the road to recovery. AdWords assistance is only an email away.
PPC optimization is important to sustain success using Google Adwords. Here we touch upon many techniques to optimize your campaigns for better profitability.
Understand Keyword Match Types
Although an elementary concept in Pay Per Click advertising, understanding keyword match types is essential to achieve success. Google breaks down keyword match types in three primary ways: Broad, [Exact], and “Phrase” match.
In The Search Engines search, a wide match could times be extremely broad. For example, for any keyword phrase like “Kids military uniforms,” under the broad match setting, your ad might be triggered for searches like “childrens army suit” or “youth navy uniform.” Basically, broad match is quite broad, so be sure you know what you’re engaging in if you choose to leave your keywords as broad (without “quotes” for phrase match or [brackets] for exact match.)
Using exact keyword matching by around the keyword phrase in brackets will ensure your ads are merely triggered when search engine users submit that exact phrase, surely nothing else. By making use of exact xrnyuh matching, you can better minimize wasted impressions from broad searches and lower budget-sucking click-throughs.
Because exact phrase match might forget to display your ads for searchers that you simply actual do wish to capture, a fantastic option is using modified broad matching. Modified broad is actually putting a ” ” symbol directly facing each keyword (without space) that you might want specifically mentioned in a user’s search query. The ” ” symbol helps to ensure that this word, and merely very close variations (including plural and singular variations) are what trigger your ads. So if we bid on the keyword ” kids military uniforms” our ad is still displayed for search queries like “kid military uniform” or “kids military uniforms for sale,” not “childrens navy uniform.”